IN SEASON








Broccoli

It's not my favourite veg, but broccoli is pretty fun. Each floret is like a little tree and sometimes, while tucking into a steamed piece, I like to imagine that I'm a giraffe eating all of the leaves off a tree. (Weird, I know.) I hate eating the stalks, but I seem to be the only one who finds them totally gross! That's probably a bad thing though, I assume that most of the fibre sits in the stalk. What I do know, however, is that this bundle of green leafiness is packed full of Vitamin C, folate and a heap of cancer-fighting goodies… No wonder Mum and Dad always made make me eat it!

If you're not the biggest fan of this green leafy, try my broccoli and cheddar soup. When blended up with a handful of cheese and topped with crunchy sourdough, broccoli doesn't get much better.