FINGER LICKIN' FRIDAY




Cookies and cream fudge

When I was about eight, my Mum and I made the most delicious white chocolate fudge and we continued to make it whenever we could. We haven't made it for a couple of years now, but I vividly remember its deliciousness - complete with a generous sprinkling of hundreds and thousands. Sharing this fudge was a very rare occurrence, but the lucky ones who received a piece still rave about it and like to remind me of the last time they enjoyed some. (Yeah, I picked up the hint/s!) Since those good ol' days, fudge has definitely become one of my most favourite sweet treats. Some fudge is smooth and creamy, and other fudge is sugary and grainy, and I love both kinds. 

At Christmas, our solid supply of fudge comprises of homemade gifts and the variety of slabs that I can't resist making. I received a piece of this cookies and cream fudge as a Christmas gift and knew that I had to share it with you. It's like a chocolate velvet that melts in your mouth, and sometimes a hit of those rich, slightly salty Oreos appear and make for a delicious addition. 



What you'll need:
395g can of condensed milk
1 cup brown sugar
125g butter, chopped
2 tablespoons glucose syrup
200g milk chocolate, chopped finely
75g (roughly half a packet) Oreo cookies, chopped roughly  


What to do:
Line a 20cm square cake tin with non-stick paper.

Combine condensed milk, sugar, butter and glucose syrup in a small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring for 10 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is smooth and glossy. Reduce heat and cook for a further 6-8 minutes or until thickened slightly.

Turn the heat off and add the chocolate and cookies. Continue to stir until the chocolate has melted. Pour into prepared tin and refrigerate for 6 hours or until firm. Cut into 2.5cm squares and enjoy!